Search This Blog

Musings (in search of a creative outlet)

In my desperation to create and express...but finding myself in front of a computer so much of my life....I figured what better place then to take a mental yet creative break...who knows what will happen....

Thursday, June 17, 2010

June

June always has such a funny effect on me. Not funny haha. Funny strange.

Sometimes I think it is because it is my birthday month. Other times, (most times actually), I think it is related to something else. Something about June ignites inner energy that gets my adrenalin going. And, if there is stimulating and enjoyable activity around it- the results can be amaZing.

If not, it is almost painful. Like now.

I have the urge to do something creative, travel somewhere, meet new people, fall in love -(then quickly out), dance, swim, garden, roll around in the grass, hang out at airports, watch meaningful movies, say exactly what's on my mind (but then am always relieved when I dont), cry until I have no tears left, scream at the top of my lungs, and jump off docks into cold icy water (which I have never actually done, and probably never will, but it's an exciting thought).

I almost feel like something is seriously missing, but I dont know what it is. If I knew where to look for it I would be searching like a mad woman. It is almost a "confusion" but I dont know about what.

Athough I must say...there are moments of extreme gratitude and satisfaction.

Like this morning when Lora brought me the funky, vintage, table-lamp that I had covetously eyed as we browsed through the antique store a few months ago. I decided it was a definite WANT instead of a need and continued window shopping.

When she hand delivered it to my home I was almost speechless. I was so overcome with how thoughtful she was, I couldnt even speak. Someone actually thought of ME. And, gave me something that is not only beautiful- but I really WANTED it. Those are the kind of things that take away that uneasy inside feeling. If even only for a morning..... Thanks LuLu

2 comments:

  1. it is the lack of sunshine. I always find the sun so energizing but when it isn't here.... its quite depressing. Today was one of those days for me. Love the lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ilam... Isnt the lamp so perfect????

    ReplyDelete