Search This Blog

Musings (in search of a creative outlet)

In my desperation to create and express...but finding myself in front of a computer so much of my life....I figured what better place then to take a mental yet creative break...who knows what will happen....

Monday, December 27, 2010

Almost a New Year!

As the new- old year of 2011 approaches I have many thoughts … I am a bit reluctant about entering this new phase of my life. New, as in new to me.

I feel that this is the year I am officially old. Too old to go to clubs, too old to like Usher and Craig David. My body, face and overall exterior  are not what I imagined for myself. At any time in my entire life did I picture myself  this way. None of the stars I fancied myself as having everything in common with (Cindy Crawford- thank you – you know who you are, and there was a point when people thought we were twins).  I wonder if over-the-counter surgeries, extended lines of credit and a new invention would enable me to have access to these life altering services. I hate to admit it but  the blank eyed stretchy face look...is enviable these days! Not to mention air brushing.

On another note, one of the many highlights of this year for me personally was connecting on an even deeper level with my sister, Midge. We are so more alike then even we imagined, that for me it has been so comforting. Otherwise I would have been hiding from the men in white suits. If I do end up in one of those padded white cells, I know she will visit me (if she isnt there before me).  Thank you Midge. I love you xo

Another wake up call… When your sweet darling granddaughters remind you of how you have 2 tummies and a fat back, it really hits your ego… as well as your nerves. It is a good thing mother nature equips you with a natural love, cuz without that…well I don’t even want to think about it. At the same time, I know they aren’t trying to hurt me. They are just telling it like it is…Time to quit blaming hormones and this phase of my life...I actually thought of legally changing my last name from 'Clark'to 'Menopause'...that way I could introduce myself as " Hi, Im Peri...Peri Menopause...."

I am currently addicted to the Canadian TV series “ Departures” ( I've had to give up SIx Feet Under).  As usual, I clued in when it was over so am watching re-runs…but at the same time,  there is something so inspiring and familiar about the drive that those boys posess to explore and search for alternative life styles (not in the sexual way-for those searching for that this is the wrong show). I especially loved the photography of Cuba and  the Libya experience…and am even warming up to the winter episodes of Iceland, Russia, and the Arctic.

If I could relive my life to include everything positive, plus some additional made for tv episodes- it would be "Departures". These young men are my heroes. These are the type of men my girls should marry. And, actually they did. I am so fortunate to have son-in-laws that appreciate the intricacies of other cultures, and connect to the deeper part of my daughter’s heritage- the openness and curiosity of exploring the world around us. There has to be a DNA connection somewhere- even if it started with me :)

Anyways- as far as 2010- I am totally ok with the entire year...I mean there is still time for cosmetic surgery :)... As for 2011, this will be another landmark year for my family ( 2002, 2007).    I am expecting the arrival of a long awaited family member. Can’t wait till you get here, I have so many secret stories to share with you. I am aching to hold you .  And Santana, can you hurry up and come home child. Then I will be able to get on with another satisfying, life fulfilling year. Love to all my family! You make it all worth it. oxoxoxox

5 comments:

  1. Great post! I hope little bean is a highlight too :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. as usual- always entertaining. Thanx Peri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Peri!
    Wait until you see the episode when the boys went to Easter Island.(I have seen almost every Departure).
    PS, google jocelyn wildenstein, and you will change your mind... :)

    Shel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you too:) matching padded cells for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely gonna check out departtures now. thank you for the hint perri

    ReplyDelete