Search This Blog

Musings (in search of a creative outlet)

In my desperation to create and express...but finding myself in front of a computer so much of my life....I figured what better place then to take a mental yet creative break...who knows what will happen....

Sunday, January 17, 2010

The week that shook us up

I got robbed last Monday. The thieves rolled up into my house sometime between 11- 12:30 in the afternoon, walked into my house and proceeded to go through my house and take my stuff. And my daughter's and her boyfriend's stuff too.

As the days go by, we are realizing more and more what other things they stole from us- another little stab into the already damaged psyche of us all. Pills to help us feel ok and not anxious, cameras with family memories from vacations that will never repeat themselves. Photos of long lost friends that happened along surprise meetings in faraway places. Gifts given in love, bought with pride, received with thankfulness and gratitude. First purchases as a single mom in Canada, that didnt come from the thrift store. Pride, rewards for hard work.

I am angry that they had the nerve to invade my territory and life. I am angry that they werent even gentle when they pulled the cables out and knocked the speakers over. I am furious that they have left my daughter filled with terror, and sleepless nights of nightmares and utter despair.

I am so sad that the town that I naively thought was full of like minded, good hearted people has the same disease as every other place. I am dissapointed that I have to create a new reality and live offensively now.

Deadbolts, alarm systems, second looks and waking up to turn on outside lights. A sick feeling in my stomach, shaking and realizing it really happened. Wanting the memories and awful feelings to fade away.

No comments:

Post a Comment