Search This Blog

Musings (in search of a creative outlet)

In my desperation to create and express...but finding myself in front of a computer so much of my life....I figured what better place then to take a mental yet creative break...who knows what will happen....

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Weekend Musings

I am happy to say that it actually feels like a weekend so far. I got to sleep in, went to a friend's house for a fabulous brunch, and then a fantastic beach front walk. The sun is shining, people were out with puppies and kids. Smiling, chatting enjoying the weather. I am not feeling guilty (yet) about the household chores that await me and how I really dont want to do them.

I plan to go play some more with my grandkids and pass on my grandmotherly wisdom to them. Most of that consists of hugs and kisses, playing kiddiecar, and making sure they (Anabella at least) wear helmets at all times. Well, at least while she (Anabella that is) races around the house on her razor scooter. That kid is amazing. I keep trying to get her parents to send me a video of her on it as I want to send it to Ellen- and maybe get an all expense paid trip to where ever she does her show as I introduce this gifted athlete to the world. It is so incredibly fun to watch her with her skilled steering abilities, along with swerves and leg lifts to the music of Beyonce... you really have to see it to believe it.

Sophia is the runner of the family. Head down, arms straight by her side, gracefully leaping around the house while she giggles away. Talk about pure Joy- and an excellent way to get in some exercise without ever leaving the house. Sophia is quite the thinker.....

Kaliya is the cuddler. Besides being an excellent movie critic, her cuddles soothe this Grandma's soul. When she asks me to tickle her back and sing a Balinese lullaby my heart melts.....I love my grandkids so much it warms my entire being.

So, perhaps I will just skip the household chores totally and go straight over to their house now. Spending extra time with them will make an already perfect day even better, and it seems like such a noble excuse not to have to vacuum.

No comments:

Post a Comment